Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Trouble sleeping? Check the modified chemical stuff spiking the cells

Last night, I started to sleep, but instead, woke up abruptly and spent the majority of the night wide awake, and feeling like I had a chemical spike!

As I lay there, I wondered if I had any MSG in my food in the evening, as MSG is usually the culprit to blame when I cannot sleep.  (Authorities consider MSG a brain irritant.)  For years, I have avoided MSG.

Well, lo-and-behold, this morning (late morning) as I checked the ingredients of my evening meal, I found "modified food starch" in the pumpkin pie that I bought from a large popular food bulk wholesaler.  

Modified anything sounds suspicious.  (I avoid genetically modified foods as much as possible.)

After an internet search, I learn that modified food starch is a genetically modified substance.  Ugh.

Oh my, I didn't even read the label when I grabbed the tempting, but economical $6 pie at the store.

Upon further research, I learned via the helpful link below, that modified food starch is suspected of containing the chemical in monosodium glutamate -- which is: "processed free glutamic acid."

"The following are ingredients suspected of containing or creating sufficient processed free glutamic acid to serve as MSG-reaction triggers in HIGHLY SENSITIVE people..."   

Please visit the direct link for more information: http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html

Well, my body told me in no uncertain terms that I was experiencing the brain irritant-like symptoms of MSG.  That's proof enough for me.

Someone once said, 'the body never lies."   So, I am listening.  No more pumpkin pie from my favorite bulk food store.

And no more grabbing food without judisciously reading the labels!

I asked my city-of-cells to forgive me.  Lesson learned:  Read all food labels.  

May we collectively advocate in this country -- that we receive proper labeling here in the U.S.  We have quite a lot of work to do in that arena!




No comments:

The Giant Worldwide HUM - Any One Notice a Difference Recently?

Yes, I was as shocked as possibly could be when I started hearing the "giant worldwide hum"  about three to four months ago. More ...