Monday, June 22, 2015

The dictionary morphs

As new words are invented every day in our digital world, words also cease to exist in our language.

What happened to the word "cannot?"   When this word was not found in the Microsoft Word spell checker, it started disappearing from the language.

Oh my, and you thought Big Brother is watching you was merely Google farming your email for keywords to seed their ads.  Well, Big Brother has the power of language.  And some say that the language of the culture has much influence.... that language shapes the depth of our understanding of the world.

Hmmm....guess I'll go meditate and empty my mind of words.  Let the intuitions begin.

No comments:

The Giant Worldwide HUM - Any One Notice a Difference Recently?

Yes, I was as shocked as possibly could be when I started hearing the "giant worldwide hum"  about three to four months ago. More ...