Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

The 15 story office building where I work a day job  day has eight elevators. The front wall interior of the elevators are lined with mirrors. What I find amusing is that mostly everyone riding the elevators spends a good deal of the short ride observing themselves in the mirrors.  (I do the same when riding alone, of course!  I fix my hair, brush cat fur off my clothes, and do checks for smeared mascara or slouching posture.)

When others ride the elevator, I find myself observing my fellow riders.  I am surprised how nonchalantly everyone checks themselves out, as if they are alone in the world.  After about a week of wondering why the elevator mirrors are so hard to resist, I realized why we are so attracted to our own image.  I was surprised by the answer, as at first, I thought perhaps we are all just egotistical, bordering upon narcissism.  

No--I don't think ego is the reason we all find it difficult to pass a mirror and not take a peak!  We are humanoids here on this planet earth -- and our trip here is so short!   We are clothed with these beautiful human bodies and we continue to be amazed who we are on this short journey.  Perhaps we don't come to this planet earth very often in our many travels.  Oh, the human experience and the human body are wondrous.  Even if we have forgotten this joy, our soul-- that certain something deep inside us never forgets that this visit is short.

If other realms, states of being, and dimensions do not have the time and space visual experience that we have here, imagine how intriguing this journey really is!  We have the gift of being cloaked with a wondrous beauty. Our senses can engage is a visual feast, a lovely symphony of sounds, an oasis of touch, the aromatic flight of aromas, the tasting of luscious fruits bursting with fireworks upon the buds of senses.  

We know on some level that we are amazing, and the body we get to travel this life with is happy to be worn, taken out for a parade of color and dance, while we rejoice in the visual rainbow of being a life force born in this realm, free to create, love, grow, learn, and expand!

Let the mirrors reflect the beauty that you are, the beauty that we all really are.



No comments:

The Giant Worldwide HUM - Any One Notice a Difference Recently?

Yes, I was as shocked as possibly could be when I started hearing the "giant worldwide hum"  about three to four months ago. More ...